HERCULES Sports Jacket in Black Tea-Core Shinki Hikaku Horsehide
Based on the "HERCULES" collared sports jacket produced by Sears Roebuck, a major American retailer, as a private brand in the 1930s. Rainbow Country paid attention to reproduce the finest and smallest details:
- The finishing method of the horse leather is as close as possible as the original. The horse leather uses a brown base (tea-core), while the top layer is pigment finished, meaning it has an additional layer, in this case a water-based lacquer, producing a glossy and oily touch that will slowly and beautifully disappear as your wear the jacket ;
- The zipper is an original based on the square TALON of the 30's, and the fastener tape end is also reproduced faithfully ;
- The ball chain on the chest is also made and attached with the same ball chain as the real one with the original engraving ;
- A bespoke wool melton is used for the lining, and a bespoke machined bowl-shaped nut button is also used for the button ;
- The back is also a classic with a bat wing type yoke on a panel divided into 3 parts with each part connected with double stitching.
- 100% Vegetable Tanned Horsehide (1.3 mm)
- Tanned by the famous Japanese Shinki Hikaku Tannery
- Tea Core Leather
- Pigment Finish (a pigment finish is an additional layer applied to the smooth aniline leather)
- Original 30s Square Pull
- Original 30s ball chain with exactly the same engraving as on the vintage model
- Bespoke Nut buttons
- Bespoke Melton Wool lining
- Bespoke Plaid Flannel Sleeves Lining
- Bespoke cotton sewing thread with the exact same specifications as the vintage model
- Sewn by one single Master Sewer, from start to finish
- Master Made in Japan
- The Zipper is a vintage reproduction of 1930s zippers, and it may take a while until the leather soften up around it and the zipper to slide buttery smooth. Pay attention, when you unzip, to bring the slider all the way to the bottom
- Inconsistencies and leather marks are absolutely normal and are part of the wild life of the animal, as this leather has undergone minimum treatment.
Free Shipping on this item, but it's not returnable/exchangeable as leather goods are delicate to transport. Pay attention to measurements and ask for advise at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any doubt.
Luca is 1m80, 78kg, wears size 42. Luca took his usual Japanese sizing, Large.
If you have questions about sizing, e-mail email@example.com.
Don't wash it. It's leather.