A-2 Summer Flying Jacket Contract N°W535AC-23380 in Dark Seal Shinki Hikaku Horsehide
Couldn't load pickup availability
The A-2 Summer Flying Jacket, adopted as standard clothing by the United States Army Air Corps on May 9, 1931 and worn throughout World War II was treated as a status symbol, not just as a uniform.
The A-2 jacket uses horse leather, a light brown lining, a leather collar, brown sleeves and hem knit, and a very simple design with a zipper front opening and is manufactured by many contractors (suppliers). The basic specifications were simple as described above, but the design differed depending on the contractor (supplier) and delivery time at that time.
Among the many contractors, the ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING, which was selected as a contractor five times from standard adoption to the end of World War Ⅱ, is known to feature a large and high collar, which makes it look like a military uniform.
Since Rainbow Country founding, they have been fascinated by this ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING TYPE A-2 and have been reproducing it from the start of their production to today, while gradually changing the pattern and sewing specifications. It is now as close as possible to the design of the actual ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING A-2 jacket.
- 100% Vegetable Tanned Horsehide (1.3 mm)
- Tanned by the famous Japanese Shinki Hikaku Tannery
- Orange Core Leather
- Aniline Finish
- Rust Cotton Lining
- Wool Ribbed Cuffs and Waistband
- Bespoke DOT Button (engraved "UNITED CARR" in reverse) done to the exact vintage specifications
- Bespoke Neck Hock same as vintage A-2 jacket
- Bespoke olive color cotton sewing thread with the exact same specifications as the vintage model
- Rough Wear Clothing Co. Contract N°W535AC-23380
- Sewn by one single Master Sewer, from start to finish
- Master Made in Japan
- Get Free Shipping when you order a Rainbow Country jacket! Leather jackets are not exchangeable as it is a difficult and expensive product to transport, so pay attention to the sizing chart. If you have any questions, contact me.
- The Zipper is a vintage reproduction of 1930s zippers, and it may take a while until the leather soften up around it and the zipper to slide buttery smooth. Pay attention, when you unzip, to bring the slider all the way to the bottom.
- Inconsistencies and leather marks are absolutely normal and are part of the wild life of the animal, as this leather has undergone minimum treatment.
Luca is 1m80, 78kg, wears size 40 (Medium).
Luca sized down from his usual Japanese size (Large). I felt that the size 40 was a bit more fitted while still being comfortable to wear and long enough in the sleeves. The 42 still fit me pretty good, simply a bit roomier, especially in the shoulders and sleeves. Because this jacket is lighter than the HERCULES (different lining, etc.), I felt that sizing down was the best way to achieve a versatile and fitted look.
If you have questions about sizing, e-mail [email protected].
Don't wash it. It's leather.
Find the answers to the most common questions my customers asked me throughout the years. If you have additional questions, contact me.
Are your pieces designed to stand the test of time ?
Yes, my pieces are designed to last, thanks to the quality of their materials and the care taken in their manufacture. Beyond their sturdiness, the timeless style of each item ensures that they remain in step with fashion, year after year.
Do you offer specific garment fits?
I understand how important it is for garments to fit every figure perfectly. That's why I offer a wide range of styles and cuts. Slim, tapered and straight bottoms. Oversized or tailored tops.
I appreciate personalized advice. Is this possible, even if I'm an online customer?
No matter how far away you are, you matter to Recall! I'm passionate about what I do, and I'd be delighted to hear your questions and offer my best advice. My online store is the virtual extension of the physical space, so don't hesitate to get in touch, wherever you may be.
What are your returns and exchanges policies?
You are welcome to exchange or return your item for store credit within 5 days of receipt. Customer satisfaction is my top priority, which is why I will gladly offer advice or assist you with any requests you may have. For more information on the returns and exchanges policies, please consult this page.
Is delivery free in Switzerland?
Yes, I offer free delivery in Switzerland for all orders over 250.-, if your order is below this amount, a delivery charge of 10.- will be applied. For more information, please see my delivery policy here.
Is it possible to have my order delivered outside Switzerland?
Yes, you can! I offer both European and international delivery. For exact delivery rates and any associated VAT charges, please consult the delivery policy available here.